Conflicts of Interest
Members of the guideline panel and the external reviewers were asked for details about potential conflicts of interest. They made the following statements:
- Gerard Gioia: I am a test author of several measures/tools: Acute Concussion Evaluation (ACE); Post-Concussion Symptom Inventory (PCSI); Concussion Recognition & Response App; Symptom Targeted Academic Management Plan (STAMP)
- Chris Giza: I receive the following funding: NCAA Concussion Task Force (travel expenses) and research grant; California State Athletic Commission (travel expenses only); Joseph Drown Foundation (research grant), NIH (research grants). Relatives have no conflicts.
- Judith Gargaro: I represent the sponsor of the Guideline (Ontario Neurotrauma Foundation). I will make every effort not to interfere with the editorial independence of the guideline developers. As a member of the consensus group, I will only add comments pertaining to implementation and clarity, knowledge translation and use, system of care and policy issues of the materials.
- Roger Zemek: I have competitively-funded research grants from Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), Ontario Neurotrauma Foundation (ONF), Physician Services Incorporated (PSI) Foundation, CHEO Foundation, Ontario Brain Institute (OBI), and Ontario SPOR Support Unit (OSSU), National Football League (NFL), and Clinical Research Chair in Pediatric Concussion from University of Ottawa. I have no commercial conflicts of interest to disclose
- Michael Ellis: I am the co-chair of the Expert Advisory Subcommittee on concussion for Parachute
- Philippe Fait: I am a 12% Co-owner of a private concussion clinic (Clinique Cortex, Quebec city, Qc, Canada). Multiple conferences and courses on concussions.
- Kristian Goulet: I receive an honorarium from drug companies for talks (normally $1500.00 per talk). I have received funding from the following companies: Lundmark, Janssen, and Purdue.
The project leader evaluated the statements and decided that these people did not face a conflict of interest in terms of creating or reviewing this document.