News and Events
Release of the Family Version of the Guideline
- We are pleased to share the family version of the guideline recommendations. The family version of the guideline is a Q & A format pdf designed for use by parents/caregivers and offers a series of recommendations to help children and adolescents with concussion recover safely and return to their everyday life.
- Download the pdf: The Living Guideline Diagnosing and Managing Pediatric Concussion Family Version
- See Community Resources for a list of resources for families, coaches, and teachers
- A version the recommendations for adolescents to use as a reference document will be released Fall 2020.
- The Living Guideline is also presently being translated into French. Completion date: Fall 2020.
Please follow us on twitter @OntNeurotrauma.
Tweets with information pertaining to the Living Guideline will be shared with the following hashtag:
In the news:
September 13, 2019 Globe and Mail. Bill Cohen. New concussion guidelines for physicians, parents, advise less rest, more activity when recuperating
September 11, 2019. University of Toronto Research News. U of T researcher calls for end to ‘bedroom jail’ with new pediatric concussion guideline